vt shim cooling

From: frode.rise@kjemi.uio.no
Date: Fri May 23 2008 - 09:27:54 PDT

Hello all

please take a look at:

http://www.kjemi.uio.no/nmr/DRX500.html

and

http://www.kjemi.uio.no/nmr/heater_plates.html

Bruker supplies two versions of protecting "plates" to be placed at top
and bottom of magnets. One is for low temp. exps. - plates that allows us
to circulate hot water - so the O rings doesnt shrink with a loss of
vacuum and a quench as a result. Then they also supply another set of
plates where dry air is blown in at the
bottom of the magnet and the air is let out at the top. That air can be
used to remove both excess heat and prevent the freeze down of the
shims. We have built the two options together (our mechanics shop is
quite clever). WE bought both types of plates from Bruker and the shop
merged the two differnt versions of the
plates into a combined type. Read more and look at the picture on the web
pages.

cheers
FR