BACS: Track catches on one wheel.

From: Bruker Users Mail <bruker-users-mail@chemistry.mcmaster.ca>
Date: Thu Apr 15 2010 - 10:39:16 EDT
Hello folks,

We have recently installed a BACS-60 sample changer.
We have been testing it, and it is for the most part behaving pretty
reliably.

One concern that we have has to do with possible premature wear and tear
on the sample belt (or magazine).
I had one of my people video the track in motion, and he posted the video
to YouTube.
If you are interested, you can have a look at:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4ovLGiO0I

Have any of you who have long had BACS sample changers seen this kind of
behaviour?
We notice it when the belt moves in one direction but not the other.   And
we notice it only on one wheel.  We also have observed what may be small
bits of plastic below the wheel, which may be signs or wear.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bob.