Re: New data in old programs (fwd)

From: Harold Toms <h.toms@qmul.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 06:32:34 EDT
Bruker Users Mail wrote:
> [...]
Dear Alan,

you've probably had all the answers you need for this... but just to
staisfy my curiosity about AV3, is the problem the digital filters or
the actual data format? I would have thought that even oldish software
would be able to make something out of digitally filtered data, usually
left shifts and/or first-order phase correction does the job. But, if
the data is not integer but floating points doubles then I'd expect
"mince" from older software. The parameter DTYPA (should be 0 for
integer data) in the acqus file would show if the data is in the
appropriate format. The other issue that can lead to "mince" is the
endianness (BYTORDA=0/1), but I'd have thought most programs would check
for that as the issue has been around a long time (since Bruker went
from IRIX to Lindows).

I know that Kirk Marat's free software, Spinworks, should cope with the
latest Bruker format (i.e. doubles as opposed to integers) and I'm
toying with writing a simple conversion program to go from double -> int
as I already do this in my Jeol -> Bruker conversion program so I have
all the code bits available... just need to stick them together slightly
differently.

--

regards

Harold Toms