Re: SGI-CPU/4 no communication

From: John Snyder (john-snyder@uiowa.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 05:39:39 PDT

A possible problem could be related to the version of the "diskless"
software that is loaded. One research group here that has their own
AMX-360 had problems with connection to spect & also with having the lock
window display.

It was during an upgrade to the SGI O2 & then later on they had further
problems with connecting to spect.

When they ran with XWINNMR2.5 Patch level 3, the system works fine.
when running with the 'diskless' software of Patch level 4, then they had
problems connecting to spect. The standard CD for 2.5 comes with patch
level 4, so they had Bruker burn a CD for them with PL3.

John Snyder email: john-snyder@uiowa.edu
NMR Facility ph: 319-335-1332
Chemistry Dept. Dept.fax: 319-335-1270
University of Iowa