lock on AMX360

From: Pete Griffiths (griffithspc@cardiff.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 10:36:04 PDT

Dear All,

We are interested in doing NMR diffusion measurements on an AMX spectrometer
in non-deuterated solvents, and without any clever duterated solvent in a
filament or capillary. Obviously, we need to turn-off the lock; the field
will be sufficiently stable for our purposes. We can (using the BSMS
controls) turn off both the lock and the sweep. However, during the
experiment, the sweep reactivates and obviously then the spectra are
rubbish. What are we doing wrong ?

Regards,
Pete Griffiths

Dr. PC Griffiths
Senior Lecturer / Chemistry Admissions Tutor,
Department of Chemistry,
Cardiff University,
PO Box 912,
Cardiff CF10 3TB

Phone 029-20875858
Fax 029-20874030
griffithspc@cardiff.ac.uk

Cardiff University is the public name of the University of Wales, Cardiff,
a constituent institution of the University of Wales.