RE: XWin-Plot versus "plot"

From: Parsons, Ian (Ian.Parsons@mpi.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 11:36:34 PST

Dear all,

        We are considering upgrading to XWin-NMR 3.1 and ICON-NMR 3.1
for use of our system in an open-access pharmaceutical company
environment.

        We have also been testing out spectral database software from
Nugenesis ('Unify-Vision'). This software creates a database of
spectral plots, which is supposedly searchable by text fields which are
displayed on the plot, e.g. date, user, sample name, project name, etc

        However, we found that the Nugenesis software was unable to
recognize the text on the standard plots generated by XWin-NMR 2.6,
under ICON-NMR. It was recommended that we upgrade to XWin 3.1, in
order to use XWin-plot generated plots, which would display searchable
text.

        Has anyone else come across this problem? We haven't tried the
upgrade yet, but are hoping that it will solve the problem. Most of
the 1D spectra are re-processed by the open-access users, via desktop
processing software. - we therefore don't need much flexibility over the
plots generated immediately by ICON-NMR.

        Best wishes, Ian Parsons
                                        Millennium Pharmaceuticals

XWin-