XWin-Plot versus "plot"

From: Robert D Scott (scott@iastate.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 20:40:55 PST

I think that software developers of established software
have a difficult job. They have to incorporate new
tools as the hardware and software worlds change and
yet not risk losing an established users that don't
want to wade through another learning curve. The most
graceful way is to let the old commands keep working
with the new way. I'm not sure why the old plot
commands couldn't set the edit parameters in xwinplot.

I've still got users that miss the peak picking and
curve fitting in xedplot.

hth,

dave scott
iowa state university

 When you get to the point where you really understand your
    computer, it's probably obsolete.