Linux NMRSuite "hanging process"

From: D. Chuck Dunbar (ddunbar@olemiss.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 14:42:12 PST

I have recently converted 4 spectrometers to NMRSuite 3.1 (Linux). One
of the machines especially is having a problem where is doesn't allow
the next user to start Xwinnmr because it says the license is exhausted.
I think the problem is processes that remain active when a previous user
logs out. This has happened with Xwinplot also. It is very annoying
because the next user can't kill the process without being root. Does
anyone know what causes this and/or have a solution?

Thanks, Chuck

--

D. Chuck Dunbar, Ph.D. Associate Research Scientist Thad Cochran Research Center National Center for Natural Products Research University, MS 38677

Office (662)915-1025 Lab (662)915-1021 Fax (662)915-7989