The equity-deserving groups in our community include, but are not limited to:
- Adult learners;
- First generation students;
- Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit) peoples;
- Members of marginalized sexual orientation and gender identity communities;
- Persons belonging to racialized communities;
- Persons with disabilities;
- Students from low income families and neighbourhoods;
- Students from rural communities;
- Women; and
- Persons with intersectional identities.
For more information, please see McMaster’s 2019 Employment Equity Census Report and the McMaster Access Strategy website.