Welcome to Lab Stores
We are excited to announce that Lab Stores is open to support research activities at McMaster University. While our focus is on selling solvents and chemicals frequently used in the chemistry lab, we will also stock the most common lab consumables.
Please find more info about Lab Stores below.
Lab Stores Location:
1280 Main St W
Arthur N. Bourns Building, ABB-133
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 10 am - 12 pm and 1-3 pm
Wed, Feb 24 11 am - 1 pm
Thurs, Feb 25 and Fri, Feb 26, 10 am - 12 pm and 1-3 pm
- Sales of chemicals, solvents (including deuterated solvents), and lab consumables
- Special orders
- Battery disposal
- Suppliers resource and products promotions
- Coming soon: glass blowing and specialty glassware services (provided externally)
- For coming promotions and deals please follow us on Instagram @maclabstores
How to use Lab Stores
- The Lab Stores requires online registration of the supervisor and associated research group members before visiting.
- Supervisors or account holders/owners: please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a registration link.
- All others please register as a user/purchaser of the Lab Stores by visitng McMaster Lab Stores (please note that supervisor must register first)
- To register you will need to provide your name, McMaster email, employee/student number, supervisor name, and 5-digit number from the keycard (working at mac card or white non-personalized card).
- Upon registration, each user (including a supervisor) will obtain credentials to log in to the Lab Stores purchasing platform (similar to any e-commerce platform), to check up to date inventory, and place an order (during COVID-19 pandemic online only).
Ordering and Checking the Lab Stores Inventory
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, in-store purchasing is not permitted.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic we strongly recommend that one member per group per day performs a purchase for the whole group. A purchase designate can be different or the same every day.
- Please place an order only during the Lab Stores working hours.
- To check the inventory and place an online order during store hours using your credentials please login here.
- To place an order click on “Create Purchase” > choose yourself as a “Customer to check out” > click on “Save”. In the blank field “Add item” start typing item name or a keyword (eg. acetic acid or acid or gloves, etc.) and the drop down menu will start listing all the product including stock levels and price. After selecting the desired item, input the quantity (“Qty”) and click on “Add Item”. The item will be added to the the shopping list.
- Follow further steps on the screen to complete your order or click “Cancel order” if you do not wish to proceed with the checkout. After checking out you will receive two emails, one listing purchased items and the second email soon after about when to pickup the order.
- For your convinience, here is a preview of the Lab Stores catalog. For pricing and stock levels login here.
- Orders can be picked up at the pick-up desk in ABB-133 after you receive an email with the scheduled pickup time. Please arrive on time. Missed appointments will be rescheduled.
- Please avoid, if possible, repeated purchases on the same day. One purchase for the whole group is strongly recommended.
- For more details and all other requests please contact Eli O’Connor at email@example.com
Health and Safety in the Lab Stores and COVID-19 measures
- Health and Safety standards are strictly followed in the Lab Stores. We will abide by COVID-19 measures introduced by the provincial government and McMaster University.
- If you are coming to campus:
- Before you come to campus complete the Ontario COVID-19 self-assessment.
- Notify your supervisor about the self-assessment results
- If you pass the provincial screen, you can come to campus. If you do not pass, please do not come.
- Wear a mask/face covering when you are in the building and outside when 2 m distance cannot be maintained.
- Wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- Maintain the minimum distance whenever there are other people around you.
- Don’t come to campus if you are not feeling well.
- We have undertaken all necessary measures to keep your visit safe (i.e. designated paths to navigate through the building to avoid overlapping of lab stores users when they come to the store; ordering online to minimize the residence time at the store desk; use of hand sanitizer; designated standing spots in case of a lineup for users to be at a safe distance; controlled access to the building).
- As a store user make sure that your health and safety training is complete and up to date. This includes COVID-19 Awarness.
- If you are purchasing liquid chemicals, please bring a proper solvent carrier. These items cannot be purchased if you do not have a solvent carrier. Solvent carriers will be available for purchase at Lab Stores.
- Ethanol in plastic jugs can be purchased and transported using a cart or in the box.
- Bring a cart if you have large orders or plan to purchase heavy items.
- Useful websites and smartphone apps: